OK, I have already admitted to myself that I am not as sharp as I used to be. Maybe I was never really that sharp, but my memory for names left me in my late 30's when I started taking tons of medicine for my neuropathy. My body has been so abused and tortured, it surprises me it's still hanging in there.
The last few years I have been subjected to the worse muscle spasms in my inner thighs, I could have ever imagined. Unfortunately my brother and niece have had to be witness to this as they stood by helplessly. At the onset, I am totally incapacitated for at least 20 mins. Can't stand, can's sit, can't move. I just scream in pain. The poor dogs get so freaked out.
The doctor put me on Soma (you just got to love the way we medicate people in this country) and I take one at night with the rest of my tons of other medication. No one has figured out why I am getting these unbelievable muscle spasms, but I suspect it may be associated with dehydration.
Made a huge mistake last night. I haven't been much of a drinker for years, but very occasionally enjoy a glass of wine or a tiny glass with a finger of Brandy in it. I made sure I had a huge glass of water as well and poured a bit of Brandy. My niece commented on seeing me drink alcohol and I assured her that little bit would be fine.
So much for that...Not only did I get one of the worse muscle spasms an hour later, I mistakenly took a second dose of muscle relaxer with my regular night time pills. Because I take so much medication for my leg disease (Charcot Marie Tooth Syndrome) and my herniated discs, I was sure I was going to lapse into a coma and leave my 8 yr old niece to deal with this, I called the poison control center. They were worried about my blood pressure dropping and wanted me to call 911 or at least have an adult stay with me.
My good friend Helen had just returned from a vacation and was kind enough to come and hold my hand (I know she was looking forward to sleeping in her own bed) I am sure she didn't sleep much (I was out like a light). All was well this morning (I lived) as we had some much needed coffee and cantaloupe. My point to all this is that I have come to appreciate my friends so much for their incredible selflessness. I don't know what I would do without them. I have no family anywhere near me. I have been so lucky in my life to have the friends I do. They all know who they are. I just want you all to know how grateful I am to having you all in my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.