Welcome to my Insanity!

A blog for all the people that know me, want to know more, and don't mind listening to dog or horse stories. Or for people that give up so much, to help creatures that are less fortunate. Maybe you just want to figure out why we do what we do...

Saturday, August 11, 2012

And then there's TEXAS...

 Lots of pictures, for lots of dog!

Texas was tied to a trailer down the road about 4 yrs ago. I noticed him (who wouldn't) when I drove by every day. He was thin but beautiful. The owners kept him on about a six foot lead. He didn't have any shelter except the side of the trailer.
I kept watching him every day and noticed him getting thinner and thinner as I got madder and madder.
At one point I felt that if I found the owners (They were never home when I went by) I would beat them senseless (as if they had any sense anyway).
This feeling was very frightening, because I knew how angry I was.
When I expressed my anger to my good friend. Who is a wonderful lady, she suggested I tell the people I had two old Danes (which was true) I knew I would lose them soon, and that I couldn't bare to be be without a Dane. I thought since that was true, I was capable of talking to them. To make a long story short, I found them at home and said just that. I bought him for $100, and headed home. (15 mins)  They also told me he was a bad eater.  He only weighed 113 lbs. I brought him home and he pulled me through the gravel road after knocking me down twice as I bathed him.
Then, he went over my couch and recliner about 40 times. Ok, I knew it...Intact male, fights, problems, never been in a house before. What did I get into? I began his rehabilitation slowly with 5 meals a day. He was up to twelve cups within a few days.
Then it happened (2 days later) I swear he had an ephiphany! He was getting fed, he was being loved, he had air conditioning, company, and a couch! He became the BEST dog I ever had. It has been 4 years now. I have never been happier with my friend. Oh did I mention he has weighed 170 lbs since then? Yep! That's my big black cuddle bug! and then...well that's another story!






2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love that Texas!! I need to see him again and soon! You realize he's my dog, you just care for him for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a dog owned by the universe! Too wonderful to keep to myself!

      Delete